Sunday, April 10, 2011

the talk...

Friends,

Conversation with Paulson in T-9 hours (far too long from now...I just want to get it over with).  He's expecting me to have made a decision.  How can I choose a course of action when I don't know anything about what he's thinking? 

I think I should try and sleep a bit.  Maybe inspiration will come to me in the night.  Maybe I'll have figured out how to figure him out.  And why everything has changed so suddenly.  That Short Asian thinks he's stressed about his work, and that as a result, he's retreated into himself, sort of unknown to him.  She thinks that it's unintentional at best, and at most somewhat insensitive.  Pre-median thinks it's much, much worse; we've all come across the "take-for-granted" boy in our time, haven't we, ladies?  And as for me, I think that it's far more sinister a beast...as you all know, I'm the Queen of impossible relationships.  The only question that remains, the one I have to answer before 10 am EST, is: if I'm the Queen, is he my King?  Or is he the usurping bastard that kills me and takes my crown?  [okay, the metaphor may have broken down a wee bit, but I'm studying the medieval French Capetian kings for my History midterm on Friday...judge me accordingly.]

peace for now,

mittens.

No comments:

Post a Comment