Monday, April 4, 2011

ohhh shit.

So I guess I should talk about me.

The most important thing right now is that I'm moving to London in June to live with my wonderful, albeit clueless boyfriend.  The weird thing about us is that it took us 6 years to figure out that we were madly in love because we're Just. That. Awkward.   But don't worry about us.  We didn't pine for one another à la melodramatic 3 pm Soap Opera.  I dated people in college, and he dated....algorithms?  Whatever, he's crazy smart.  And a few years older than me.  And taller. My math skills are remedial at best, but the last time I checked, smart + older + taller = hot.

The point is that I'm going to London for the bf, who we'll call Paulson after the notable hedge fund guy. Paulson just moved into a new place in London.  I'm excited to see it, and it's in a better area, which is good.  But I actually liked his old place in SE1.  The coffee shops were independent, and not Starbucks/Caffe Nero/whatever.  There was this cute deli on Bermondsey street that makes excellent pastrami sandwiches...though they're a little light with the gherkins.  And Bermondsey Street Coffee is amazing. GO THERE if you ever find yourself within a reasonable distance.  You can define reasonable yourself...feel free to stretch the meaning of the word. Also, Time Out London put Zucca (which means pumpkin in Italian, go figure) on their "best London restaurants" list: http://www.zuccalondon.com/  Why is this relevant?  Because it's right across the street, more or less.  That's right.  I almost feel like starting a spitting contest between North Londoners and Southwark people, but I'll refrain out of common decency, and because if anyone actually reads this blog, it'll be my American friends.  Who will inevitably then start a NorCal SoCal debate.  So I'll quit while I'm behind, shall I?

 Hm. Other things, other things...well, I'm going to be taking Latin in London, which is exciting because I love languages, and I need it for PhD programs, so it's fun AND functional, so basically, my summer is like this coat:





















But not this coat:

Though my good friend John Adams would probably like it.  What say you, John?

Peace for now,

mittens

3 comments:

  1. I just figured out who you meant by John Adams. I'm smart like that :P.

    Please take a picture with a royal guard whilst there. It'll make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pssshhh A royal guard? That's so cliched. But for you? Anything :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SHORT ASIAN how dare you not recognize meeeeeee
    -Adams

    ReplyDelete