Monday, April 11, 2011

awkward turtle

I'm editing a book; for a professor of mine; and this one author; uses a ridiculous; number; of; semicolons.;;;;;;;;;;

like that. 

Anyways, so I sent one of my favourite blog posts (How To Use a Semicolon)to my professor, mocking the author of the article by saying "[Author] needs to read this blog and learn how to use semicolons!"

And...the prof got back to me with this email:

"Dear[mittens]
I have already edited this article, and I added many of the semicolons myself.   Please let me know which ones you feel are used incorrectly.

Sincerely,
[professor]

4 comments:

  1. That's a pretty appropriate use of an awkward turtle. Did you respond?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god.... SO AWKWARD....
    -Adams

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, I believe that calls for an upside-down awkward turtle. It's worse, because he's stuck on his back and can't get up.

    ReplyDelete