Sunday, May 1, 2011

Nouveau Riche

Friends,

As a fledgling member of the Nouveau Riche  (given my university's generous grant of $5,500 for post-graduate study), I have been exploring places in which to invest my moneyz.  Having a healthy fear of the stock market given its tempestuousness in recent years, and not wanting my money tied up in long-term government bonds, I've decided to invest in property.  I was thinking about a flat in London, a loft in Manhattan, a ski chalet in St. Moritz (and Whistler, naturally), and a castle in Ireland.

It has been suggested that my grasp on how far this money will go is tenuous at best.  However, I think my plans are reasonable.  They're even more reasonable if I cut back on the Manhattan loft.  As much as I want it, I think that 5,500 will probably only cover the cost of 4 properties, not 5. Oh, inflation.  

peace for now,
mittens.

2 comments:

  1. Um, Mittens, I believe you mean the Manhattan LOFT, not the flat? Know what you want before...
    You're crazy. I love you.
    -Adams

    ReplyDelete
  2. *innocent eye-batting* I don't know what you're talking about. You must be mistaken. :P

    ReplyDelete